Welcome to The Maryland Theatre
The Maryland Theatre Box Office is currently open Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 11 am-4:30 pm.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Maryland Theatre! The safety of our patrons is our number one priority. Under the current gathering regulations, The Maryland Theatre is permitted to host events and performances at 50% occupancy.
Please review the following guidelines to ensure all patrons have a safe and enjoyable visit! During your visit to The Maryland Theatre, we ask visitors to:
- Please stay home if you or someone in your household has a fever, coughing, sneezing, or think you might have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Masks are required when visiting The Maryland Theatre. Masks must cover your nose and mouth.
- Mask may be removed when seated to eat or drink, please wash your hands, or utilize hand sanitizer after touching your face.
- Please follow the directions of our ushers and staff to avoid overcrowding areas. Stanchions will be used throughout the facility to help maintain social distance.
- Upon arrival have your tickets out and ready to be scanned by our ushers. If you have mobile entry tickets, our have ushers will not physically touch your cellphone. Please have your screen brightness on the highest setting and your tickets ready to be scanned in the Ticketmaster App or on your phone’s mobile ticket wallet.
- If your tickets are at Will Call, our Box Office will be open 1 hour before the performance. Our Box Office is located within The Maryland Theatre, to the left of the lobby. Please maintain social distance when waiting in the Will Call Line.
- The Maryland Theatre reserves the right to remove any patron(s) who are disregarding health and safety guidelines and endangering others.
Thank you for your continued support of OUR Maryland Theatre during this unpredicted time. Please stay healthy and safe.
Updated March 2021
Built in 1915, designed by renowned architect Thomas Lamb, the theatre is the anchor to the Arts & Entertainment district in the city which comprises a new high school for the visual and performing arts, offices of the Washington County Arts Council and numerous new businesses and retail enterprises. The Theatre provides comfortable seating for 1,293 at performances of artists, comedians, orchestra concerts, children's shows, musicians, recitals, plays, including serving as the home of the Maryland Symphony Orchestra, Barbara Ingram School for the Arts, City Ballet School, Hagerstown Community Concert Association, Authentic Community Theatre and the Miss Maryland Scholarship Pageant. Additionally, The Theatre hosts a variety of private events including business lectures and seminars, weddings and birthdays, memorial services, holiday gatherings, fundraisers and networking events. The Maryland Theatre welcomes approximately 100,000 people through her doors annually.