The Maryland Theatre offers Handicap Accessibility to all of its shows.
- Premium seats, front orchestra section of The Maryland Theatre.
- Wheel chair ramps available upon advance notice for patrons holding lower box seat tickets and permanent wheelchair platforms in orchestra level seating.
- Additional easily accessible chairs for those individuals who are able to transfer into our chair with arm rests that release.
- Please notify the box office in advance if you are in need of sign language assistance for a performance.
- Handicap Restroom facilities are conveniently located on the Orchestra level of The Maryland Theatre
- The Maryland Theatre can now assist those patrons who wear hearing aids to enjoy a crystal clear performance. A Hearing loop is a system that requires NO additional equipment and directly connects with most hearing aids. The sound from the stage transmits directly to the T coil of any hearing aid to provide crystal clear sound. This will allow those who live with hearing loss to truly enjoy our theater. To use the system, those who wear hearing aids must turn their hearing aids to the "T" or "MT" program. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Audiologist Dr. Karen Hamilton for assistance.
- Additionally, those without hearing aids may request a headset by providing your driver's license at the technical desk in the rear of the Theatre upon arrival for a performance.
There is no elevator. To reserve wheelchair spots or accessible chairs, please call the box office at 301-790-3500.